many of us grow up thinking any time a penis enters a vagina pregnancy can (and will!) happen. our understanding of pregnancy is that it happens quickly & easily, and many of our initial sexual experiences are tied up with fear and anxiety.
after spending so much time & energy preventing something thought to be imminent, it can feel confusing & frustrating when a pregnancy is desired but not occurring. why do we have to work so hard to become not pregnant, but also work to become pregnant?
learning fertility awareness & menstrual cycle charting is a simple, inexpensive, and empowering first step for creating families in infertility situations and situations where one component of baby-making is absent (i.e.: sperm, ova, or uterus).
fertility awareness sessions for conception include:
- explanation of the hormones of the menstrual cycle
- menstrual cycle variations
- sperm v. egg
- how to observe & chart basal body temperature and cervical fluid
- how to identify the fertile window
- when to time intercourse / insemination
- options for at home insemination or out of clinic insemination
- how to identify the peak day
- how to identify the temperature shift
- what might affect temperatures & cervical fluid readings
- how to troubleshoot difficulties (confusing cervical fluid, abnormal cycles, etc.)
- chart examples
- book recommendations for further study
- the different emotions that might come up using fertility awareness
- the larger context of reproductive health & justice today
- and more!
- discounts on birth & postpartum services if / when you get pregnant (for those near madison, wi or those who are willing to pay for long-distance travel)
- discounts on childbirth education classes
- discounts on sessions for charting your cycle postpartum to prevent pregnancy